The first major release of the plugin was more than a year ago and now it is time to renew that experience and provide a improved experience that I hope everyone will enjoy. Please see carefully the changelog so you know exactly what’s new:
- Add: Support for Continuous Playback (needs to activate setting in Showtime’s Video Playback Settings)
- Add: Main Page now supports order customization (like Showtime Main Page)
- Add: Youtube Disco
- Add: Native Sorting (by Publish Date, by Views, by Title (incrementing/decrementing) and as Default)
- Add: Youtube EDU
- Add: Featured feed in Youtube Movies
- Add: New User Profile Interface/Experience
- Add: New Advanced Mode for videos
- Add: Choose what feeds to show in User Profile
- Add: Header buttons in Oceanus skin plugin
- Add: Item Menu:
– Like/Dislike video
– Comment video
– Add to Favorites
– Add to Watch Later
– Related Videos
– Response Videos
– Redirect to Movie (if video is a known trailer)
– Trailers (if video is a movie)
– Redirect to a Show (if video belongs to a Show)
– Redirect to the Show Season (if video belongs to a Show Season)
- Fix: Video Playback
- Fix: Some videos would fail due to some RegEx differences
- Fix: Videos that are no available don’t show friendly error message
- Fix: The plugin would load additional pages of a feed that didn’t contain entries
- Fix: User Favorites didn’t work
- Improvement: Updated video metadata for support in Oceanus skin plugin
- Improvement: More flexibe Youtube Search
- Improvement: Don’t show login popup in search
As you may see several things that were being asked since the first release are now here, fresh and ready to be used.
The new Home Screen, using SELECT + Arrows in PS3 you can customize the order of the items.
The improved item listing.
The new Youtube Search screen providing easy to use search for everything you want.
The new advanced mode in videos, cleaner and easier to use.
The new User Profile screen, featuring an easy to use and fast experience.
Go to Plugin Central (puzzle icon in home screen) inside Showtime and download the plugin.
- andoma: for creating Showtime and maintaining it
- Tyrant: for beta testing the plugin and giving fresh ideas
- When testing, my Beta Tester (El Tyrant) found that the resume videos of Showtime does not work properly with the plugin, so please disable the following settting: Video playback -> Resume video playback
1. I found some issues, had crashes or have suggestions, where can I inform the developer about them?